Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 for 30 for 30: Day One

Hello!

Here we go, it's day one of the 30 for 30 challenge and National Blog Posting Month. I spent the weekend assembling the pieces of clothing and putting together some outfits. While the only guidelines the 30 for 30 challenge is wear 30 pieces of clothing for 30 days, I thought I'd make my own "rules".

1. I chose 10 tank tops, 10 sweaters/shirts/jackets, 8 pairs of jeans and 2 belts. No skirts or dress pants. I have a physically demanding job, so it's important to not have wardrobe malfunctions :) I wanted to include belts, and I felt I didn't need too many pairs of jeans.

2. I have one "alternate" piece of clothing. My employer gave me a t-shirt with our logo on it. It's not an official uniform, but they do expect me to wear it every once in a while. I try to wear it every two weeks, just because that's how often I tend to do laundry :)

3. Accessories are a free for all. I just organized my jewelry, and got a few scarves for my birthday, so I want to use them as much as possible!

4. To make matching easier, I stuck with a limited colour palette. Everything is teal, turquoise, grey or black. I can use different colours with accessories, but I thought I'd stick with my favorite teals and turquoise to make it "me"!

5. I went with random numbering to select my first 8 outfits. I gave each piece of clothing a number.I turned on our guide channel on our tv and the first number I saw was  for the jeans, the next the shirt, the next the tank. If the clothes just didn't look good together, I chose another number. I may change the way I do this next round (outfits 9-16). The closer I get to the end of the challenge, the more likely I'll just put together outfits. I'm hoping for 30 completely unique outfits!

6. I'll be photographing outfits in batches, simply because I don't have time every day to do a shoot. That doesn't mean I'm not wearing the outfits! I have written everything down (including the accessories) in a notebook so I can wear them in order.

Sorry it's not of all the pieces- didn't get them all in the shot.

The Pieces:

Pants:

1) Grey Jeans-Suzy Shier
2) Dark Wash Jeans- Old Navy
3) Black Skinny Jeans- Joe Fresh
4) Distressed Jeans - Dynamite
5) Dark Grey Jeans- Old Navy
6) Blue Skinny Jeans-Joe Fresh
7) Boot-cut Jeans- Bluenotes
8) Trouser Jeans- Mark's Work Warehouse

Sweaters/Shirts/Jackets:

1) Black Cable Sweater- Suzy Shier
2) Bamboo Black Zip-Up- Costco
3) Teal Cardigan- Zellers
4) Flowered White Shirt- Old Navy
5) Grey Cardigan- Walmart
6) Madras Plaid Jacket- Old Navy
7) Cropped Black Cardigan- Suzy Shier
8) Teal Cable Sweater- Suzy Shier
9) Black Shirt- Reitmans
10)Turquoise Cardigan- Old Navy 

Tanks

1) Leaves Tank- Walmart
2) Black Pockets Tank- Unionbay
3) Blue Sequined Tank- Old Navy
 4) Teal Ribbed Tank- Eddie Bauer
5) Light Teal Tank- Suzy Shier 
6) Turquoise and Silver Striped Tank- Old Navy
7) Light Teal Ribbed Tank- Suzy Shier
8) Black/Blue/Turquoise/Grey/White Tank- Tattoo
9) Black Satin V-Neck Tank- Winners
10) Light Turquoise Ribbed Tank- Old Navy

Belts

1) Big Buckle Belt- Walmart
2) Slim Silver Clasp Belt- Suzy Shier 

So now that I've rambled on and on- here's Outfit Number One!  
2) Dark Wash Jeans- Old Navy
3) Teal Cardigan- Zellers
5) Light Teal Tank- Suzy Shier 
1) Big Buckle Belt- Walmart


I swear I'm not glaring- the sun is really bright!


This photo is perfect except for my head being cut off. I'm wearing my "balcony shoes"- They slip on easily so I can step out on the balcony without getting my feet dirty. They are impossible to walk in any other time- they're backless like slippers, but lace up like regular sneakers!

 
My jewelry- The bracelet was thrifted, the earrings are from Claire's and the necklace is from Michael's. 

Well, I feel as though I've talked enough tonight- thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment