Thursday, August 25, 2011

What's under your hat, Rose?




Hello!

I have a secret.


I have something crazy under my hat.



Shall I reveal it?

...

...

...

...

...

...

...


Ta Da! I completely redid my hair! This is part of the reason I haven't posted since Monday- It's a long process to bleach and dye your hair so many colours! Plus I work every day this week, so it's been tough to squeeze in a photo shoot. I still haven't gotten an appointment at the salon- I have to wait til Monday to even call!

So What are we looking at here? Well, I bleached my blue and pink hair on Monday night, hoping to get it a nice white (used violet toner). Unfortunately, the pink and blue only faded to a cotton-candy shade with white tips. I was not discouraged! I moved on to the dying Tuesday night. I sectioned my hair into seven sections, and started applying. The very back sections I dyed Color Jamz Raspberry Kamikaze and Punky Colour Mandarin. The the middle section right behind my bangs got half Directions Alpine Green and half Punky Color Turquoise. Then for my bangs, I sectioned it out and did some Mandarin and some Raspberry. Because of the blue left behind on my bangs, the two colours changed entirely, giving me a purple and dark red.

Here's what the raspberry (left) and mandarin (right) look like in the back:


I really love the Mandarin! I want to do my whole head in it, possibly with raspberry streaks.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with my new colours! Now just to get a nice cut to compliment it. I'll try to remember to bring my camera so I can get good shots.

Well, that's all for today. I'll have something awesome for tomorrow, but until then, thanks for stopping by!

PS- Beret was hand knit by me in a gorgeous yarn I bought for my birthday one year that reminds me of my birthstone- the opal!

No comments:

Post a Comment