Friday, August 26, 2011

Fascinator Friday

Hello!

Today is the start is what I hope to be a weekly post, if I can keep the creativity flowing. I have a few fascinators already made, so at least I have a month's worth! I've loved the look of fascinators ever since the trend of tiny top hats showed up a couple years ago. I still want one, with a big peacock feather in the band. The trend has turned to more feathers and flowers- a bit more wearable. And usually it's on a headband- easy to wear.

I was in Winners last weekend, and I spotted some feathery headbands. Much to my dismay, they were pretty mangled- mussed, broken and missing feathers. I'm not sure if there are secret feather theives lurking in the HRM or if if they've been bumped and jostled to the point of ruin. I was not worried, I have glue! so, I picked up a fairly unrumpled one in one of my favorite hues, and went to the cash. I couldn't help but ask for a few dollars off- it wasn't perfect, of course!

When I got home, I got out the glue and reattached the feathers that were dangling off. Then I found an old dollar store ring that had broken years ago. The colour matched perfectly, and I glued the back onto the feathers, and voila! Fascinator fixed!



The fascinator is made by Ophelie Hats. They have amazing stuff! I can't remember which dollar store this ring came from, but I've bought similar ones at Dollarama.

Well, that's it for tonight, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment