Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunny Summer Day





Hello!

Well, today is hot hot hot in Halifax! It's just past noon and alredy 24 C, feeling like 31! That's 75, feeling like 88 to the non-metrics out there! I woke up hoping to schedule a hair appointment for today, but found the place I wanted to go was closed. Hopefully I can get in later this week, as my hair is a hot mess. I got an amazing deal on WagJag for 6 haircuts (with wash and style) for just $25 at Concepts School of Cosmetology! I will definately give you all a review on this place, as their regular cuts are a bargain at $17, far lower than any salons in the HRM. I know what you're thinking. How could I let a student cut my hair? But I've had awful haircuts from a salon in Halifax (who shall remain nameless) so I'm willing to try something new. A professional is with the student at all times, so it would never get too out of hand.

Anyway, on to the reason for my post. another OOTD! This was from my great shopping trip with my family yesterday. It was also an awesome deal, which I am cheesily going to call a "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR" buy.



Dress: Sears Outlet
Shoes: Sears Outlet
Cuff: Ardenes
Fascinator:DIY

The magicalness of the deals seems to only work when my mother is present. I've been to the outlet store a few times on my own but found NOTHING! But the dress was an amazing $15! And the beautiful gladiator style sandals were $19. Haven't had a lot of clothes that really go with the sandles, but when I bought the dress yesterday I found a match! The mint green and purple stones go so well with the beautiful butterfly wings. I thought I might need a belt to go with the dress, but I think it looks great on its own. The fascinator was really simple to make- I just took a big fake yellow rose brooch and pinned it to a headband. Ta da! Instant headgear.

I'm thinking of heading out tonight to the Fashion and Design Festival, which is featuring Clutch Culture by Mo over at Curvy Geekery. So if you're heading there as well, you may see the dress in action!




2 comments:

  1. I love your hair, you look uber fabulous! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww thanx lover. wish you'd have come and said hie.. ;)

    ReplyDelete