Sunday, August 28, 2011

Style Envy




Hello!

I watched the latest episode of Torchwood last night. It cemented my style envy for the wonderfully intriguing character Jilly Kitzinger, played by the always lovely Lauren Ambrose of Six Feet Under fame. She plays a savvy PR women who doesn't seem completely on the up-and-up. But the main thing that drew me to her is her fabulous fashion sense.




I'm a redhead, and so is my mother. Unfortunately, growing up in the 50s and 60s, my mother learned some severe fashion dos and don'ts. One of them was "redheads should never wear red". I grew up believing the same thing, and it wasn't until high school that I wore much red. It's still not a huge wardrobe staple for me, I'm much more interested in cool colours, but I now know how wrong that fashion "don't" is. Just look at Lauren!



And here she is in another colour that "fashion experts" say looks terrible on redheads- any tan, cream or beige. I scoff at this, as I have some great outfits in these hues!




I've been shied away from oranges and yellows, too. But after last night's episode, I'll be seeking them out more often!

My mother still refuses to wear red, but my eyes are opened. REDHEADS CAN WEAR ANY COLOUR!

Check out the Jilly Kitzinger tumblr- much more awesomeness!

Photos form IGN.

Til next time, thanks for stopping by!

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment